Create a daily routine—one step a time
Here are some tips to help you remember to take AUBAGIO each day.
- Take AUBAGIO with activities that are part of your everyday routine. AUBAGIO can be taken with or without food. This means you can take AUBAGIO as soon as you wake each morning. Or perhaps you want to take it with your first cup of coffee. Mornings not for you? Take it with dinner or as you brush your teeth at night. Using a routine daily activity as the prompt to remind you to take AUBAGIO can really help establish a routine.
- Keep your medication visible where you will remember to take it. If you want to start taking AUBAGIO with your first cup of coffee, leave the medication next to your coffee maker. Or, if you want to take it as you go to bed, leave it on your nightstand. Keeping your medication visible can help you remember to take it. Just remember to keep medicines out of reach of children.
- Set a daily reminder. Today, there are all sorts of reminder alerts you can set on a digital clock, smartphone or through an app. Sometimes just getting that daily alert can be just the prompt you need to remember to take your medication.
- Rely on a buddy. Family and friends want to be involved in their loved one’s care. If you need that little extra support, maybe you ask a loved one to remind you to take medication. Just be sure they are reliable and have a consistent method to remind you to take medication, such as a daily text or phone call.
- Create a medication calendar. Many people like the feeling of accomplishment by checking something off their list each day. Create a monthly calendar and leave a spot each day for you to check off that you’ve taken your medication.
- Use the AUBAGIO medication tracker band as a visual signal that you’ve taken your daily dose of AUBAGIO.
What happens if…?
Developing a new medication routine takes some getting used to. Here’s some information that will be helpful:
- Miss a dose of AUBAGIO? Learn what to do if you forget to take a dose.
- Need help navigating insurance or can no longer afford your medication? Call your dedicated MS One to One Nurse at 1‑855‑676‑6326.
- Want tips or tricks to help remember to take your medication? See what some Ambassadors do to remember to take their medication.
How ambassadors stay on top of routines.