Insurance > Not Insured
Don’t have health insurance? You may still have some options for getting help to pay for AUBAGIO® (teriflunomide).
Patient Assistance Program
The Patient Assistance Program (PAP) has certain requirements. If you are unsure if you are eligible for the program, read on or talk to your MS One to One® Nurse.
To be eligible for the PAP, you must meet all three criteria below:
- MS patient with no health insurance or with insurance but no drug coverage benefit
- US Resident with a valid address
- Annual household income less than or equal to $100,000 or 500% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), whichever is greater
If you have Medicare Part D insurance but don’t have coverage for AUBAGIO, you also may qualify to receive AUBAGIO through the PAP. If you qualify and have commercial insurance, you will be enrolled for a rolling 12-month period. If you qualify and are on Medicare, you will be eligible for the remainder of the calendar year. Once you’re enrolled, you must remain in the program for the rest of the calendar year.
How do you get started?
Start by calling MS One to One at 1-855-676-6326. A nurse will ask you some questions to determine if you’re eligible and send you an application form.
To apply you will only need to submit two items:
- A completed and signed application
- Verification of income (one item from the list below)
- Copy of W-2(s) or most recently filed US Income Tax Return (IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040NR or 1040PR)
- Copy of most recent pay stub plus most recently filed US Income Tax Return
- Copy of transcript received through submission of IRS 4506-T (request for transcript form is not sufficient)
- Copy of most recent Social Security/Disability monthly check, award letter, Benefit Statement or 1099
- Copy of Unemployment Determination letter
Start by calling MS One to One. A nurse will ask you some questions to determine if you’re eligible and send you an application form.
How will you receive your medication?
If you enroll in the PAP, MS One to One will arrange for you to receive your medication from a pharmacy distributor called Theracom. Your medication will be shipped each month free of charge, and you’ll receive a phone call each month to confirm the shipment and address. If you have any questions or concerns about your shipments, call MS One to One at 1-855-676-6326 and a nurse will assist you.
If you don’t have coverage for AUBAGIO, you may be able to receive funding to pay for AUBAGIO through an alternative funding foundation. These are non-profit, charitable groups that provide funding to patients who are unable to pay for medication or are having trouble paying for medication.
Connecting with foundations
Below is a list of foundations you can contact to find out if you qualify for their funding and if they currently have funds available. When applying to foundations for assistance, keep in mind that they may not have funding available at all times. If they don’t have funds available, you should continue to contact them periodically to check if they have new funds available.
Patient Advocate Foundation
Patient Access Network Foundation
1-866-316-7263 (Medicare only)
The Assistance Fund
You can also check out www.needymeds.org to see if there is additional assistance that you could apply for.
If you have questions about your options to help pay for AUBAGIO, call an MS One to One nurse. They can explain what programs may be available and can assist you in connecting with a foundation (1-855-676-6326). With MS One to One, you are never alone.